She Keeps Pecking at Me!

Quote:
Please excuse me OP but I just have to say this: djmooney, I sure hope you aren't writing an advice column titled "Caring for Baby Chicks"...sheeeessshhhh.

To your original question, I have several GLW and SLW pullets that are approx. 2 1/2 months old. They pecked a bit when they were babies, but have turned out to be sweet birds. One of the ladies I sold some GLW chicks to called and told me they were the sweetest birds she had ever owned and it all came from handling them and spending a lot of time with them when they were very small.

Be patient with your babies.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
When she pecks does she hurt you? Probably not....chickens are like exotic birds.....they don't have hands and they touch everything with their beaks because they are curious.

My girls peck my shoe laces, my earrings, my hair, my pants, my toes if I'm wearing flip flops and even my butt when I'm down on all fours cleaning out nesting boxes.

Be patient and nice. You reap what you sow.

I chose to believe that DJmooney just missed the fact that we are discussing a 3-week-old chick here instead of a full-grown floggin rooster (of which I have kicked with no harm done as he kept coming back for more). I chose to believe that nobody in their right mind would counsel kicking a 3-week-old chick .

Last edited:
i guess i missed the chick part

but then again how can a chick bother you that much if its only 3 weeks old

Back
Top Bottom