She looks more like d uccle more than Sablepoot

She came from a hatchery. She's a d'Uccle.
What about my Picasso he came from the same hatchery as Pheobe so he has to be a d uccle also :)
BB4B5644-90C0-483F-838C-C4420F8A35F3.jpeg

225327A8-BAA8-4F50-8C00-36C0BFCDB4F2.jpeg

Yayyyyy 💕💕💕💕 so not all d uccles have beards?
They are supposed to, yes. Yours came from Hoovers. They breed for quantity over quality. Therefore they are just very poor quality. I've seen multiple d'Uccles come from there with little to no beard.

The simple fact that they came from a hatchery (especially one with the reputation for quality that they have) confirms they are not Sablepoots.

Here are quotes from previous replies backing that as well. Including your own.

She is a d’uccle. Hatcheries don’t carry booted bantams/sablepoots at all. Many hatchery d’uccles lack beards.

They both came from a hatchery Hoover’s Hatchery and they only sell d uccles

They are supposed to, yes. Yours came from Hoovers. They breed for quantity over quality. Therefore they are just very poor quality. I've seen multiple d'Uccles come from there with little to no beard.

The simple fact that they came from a hatchery (especially one with the reputation for quality that they have) confirms they are not Sablepoots.

Here are quotes from previous replies backing that as well. Including your own.
Yeah, with my Brabanters they were all supposed to be bearded and crested but I ended up with one with a very small, almost non existent crest and one clean faced bird (different birds). Yet others had huge full crests and beards. Same breed but hatchery quality and huge variation. I still love them though. But hatcheries definitely don’t follow breed standards, that’s for sure. 🤣

Yeah, with my Brabanters they were all supposed to be bearded and crested but I ended up with one with a very small, almost non existent crest and one clean faced bird (different birds). Yet others had huge full crests and beards. Same breed but hatchery quality and huge variation. I still love them though. But hatcheries definitely don’t follow breed standards, that’s for sure. 🤣
Lol

Back
Top Bottom