She squats, she cackles........

Pearl is going on 24 weeks and no eggs. I can't imagine she will get any bigger!

10145_pearl.jpg

When will we get some eggs!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
The two that are laying have huge combs, and wattles.

I have a comet, her comb is red her wattles are red...she became very cranky for about a week (her PMS?) lol..
Got my first egg today. I guessed her at hatched Mid March.
Hang in there- I just put her nest box in yesterday.
It will happen. If they start getting very loud and fussy- give them that box!
smile.png

my 24 week old rir and dominique or possibly barred rock still arent laying they have a make shift nesting box with hay and a decoy egg in it. the box is a bottom half of a dog carrier lol. its on the ground though is that the problem should i put it up somewhere higher
idunno.gif

We have ten banty cochins (20 weeks) and 8 "big girls" (17 weeks). Since last saturday we have gotten 12 banty eggs and 2 "big girl" eggs. All beautifully formed and perfect right from the get go. I think it must have all started when I put "Hot Stuff" the rooster in the girls' coop. He must have batted his eyes and done his dance to inspire them. . . .

My hens are 20 weeks and just started laying. The eggs a teeny tiny. I think I have at least 3 hens laying because I get green, brown, and very light brown eggs. All but one hen should lay green. So Im a little curious about the 2 shades of brown since only one hen should lay brown, I wonder if she can lay 2 shades?

Just read in another post that EE should lay green eggs but can also lay brown eggs ..so that answers my question .

Last edited:
update my rir layed our first egg today i was like screaming i was so excited. i was about to kiss that chicken i swear:woot

Quote:
ABOUT to kiss her???? LOL I DID kiss my Sophie when she finally laid hers!!! We have 2 so far...every other day so far.
smile.png
I am pretty sure I scared her wih my screaming!!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom