Shed to Coop Conversion Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, we did a similar thing. We used an old existing shed. It works great and its plenty of space for the chickens. I suggest cleaning and repainting the shed first thing to keep moisture from causing damage and to prohibit mold. Also, be careful where you cut in your windows. I made sure none of the windows and ventilation I cut in were directly in line with the roosting bars we added. Good luck!
Thank you. So the windows should be higher than the roosts?

Thank you. So the windows should be higher than the roosts?

I'm no expert. We've only had chickens for a year now, but I have my windows a couple of feet above the roosts to try and keep any wind off of the girls. I also put vents in lower to the ground, but they have vent covers to minimize drafts. We made it through a bitterly cold winter with no frostbite so I'm hoping we designed the layout well.

I'm no expert. We've only had chickens for a year now, but I have my windows a couple of feet above the roosts to try and keep any wind off of the girls. I also put vents in lower to the ground, but they have vent covers to minimize drafts. We made it through a bitterly cold winter with no frostbite so I'm hoping we designed the layout well.
I’ll keep that in mind when I start the build. Thanks again for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom