Shell-less egg, incubate it????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by suenrob, Jun 13, 2008.

1. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    I just found one of those "shell less" eggs in my coop. What would happen if I put it in the bator??? Has anyone tried it?

2. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Who knows? Sure as someone says, "Don't do it," another will pop up and tell how it worked for them.

Now, it HAS been normally suggested that you incubate no eggs that are deformed, irregular etc.

But you're probably eager to give it a shot and wont listen to any of that sensible stuff, so go for it. Then get back and let us know what came of it.

I, for one, will want to know.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2008
  3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I hope if you decide to "go for it" that you have a bator you can keep it in by itself and try for a lone hatch. Keep us updated on what you decide to do.

4. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    If you do incubate it, I'd put some kind of absorbant cloth under it. I'm thinking the membrane is not going to hold up and humidity is going to be an issue. Who knows though? You never know until you try.

5. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    I was thinking of maybe putting it in a little container in case it breaks.

The only reason I am even considering it is because someone told me that loggerhead (sp) turtles lay soft eggs and they hatch just fine, so I thought, what have I got to lose?

Still not sure though, waiting to hear if someone else has tried it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by