Shell less eggs

They love the layer mash wet, I just gave them some mixed with some shells....I guess it will take a few days to get into their system ?

It has nothing to do with their calcium intake. They are young. They need time for everything to work together properly. It can take a month or more for them to start laying in any sort of consistent manner.

I have one more question about these shell less eggs. I got one this morning that she laid from the roost in the middle of the night and it was fully intact. There was no yolk in it. Is that also normal ?
Thanks

I just went through this with my 3 EE's someone was laying in the early morning while roosting, always rubber eggs in pairs would be broken on the coop floor. I added oyster shells to their feed and crush up their egg shells and feed them back with the rest of the chicken scraps. They also love yogurt and Id add that into there scraps 3x a week. mine are new layers ( 5 months old) so figured she just needed time to get herself organized, since doing this for the past 2 weeks no more rubber eggs!!

It's been about three weeks and I'm still getting shell less eggs from my one pullet. My other one that is laying always has a shell. I've added the oyster shell and have been giving them yogurt every few days. For a few days I got shells on her eggs but then it went back to shell less ones. Any ideas or do I have to just wait longer until she grows out of this? They are eating 18% organic layer mash as well and free range after three o'clock.

It can take over a month for new layers to lay consistently. I still have the occasional shell less egg from one of my pullets that has been laying for about 2 months now. It takes time.

My Delaware laid her first egg last Sunday, in the Box, small, with shell,
Laid her 2nd egg on Monday and it was normal. In the nesting box. Then on Tuesday she laid an egg outside the box and it was broken and a little soft. Wednesday morning she laid two eggs in half an hour. Very small outside the box and broken. Thursday normal egg. Yesterday no egg today nothing until 9p.m. tonight total softshelled egg.???
Now couple questions what do you do with those eggs? Tonight's is like rubber it never busted it just bounced.
Yesterday's partially soft shelled egg when I broke it open it looked great.
Also I have a Polish hen and an Americana and their eggs are spectacular no problems. They have only been laying maybe two months. The Delaware is the only one with the problem

My Delaware laid her first egg last Sunday, in the Box, small, with shell,
Laid her 2nd egg on Monday and it was normal. In the nesting box. Then on Tuesday she laid an egg outside the box and it was broken and a little soft. Wednesday morning she laid two eggs in half an hour. Very small outside the box and broken. Thursday normal egg. Yesterday no egg today nothing until 9p.m. tonight total softshelled egg.???
Now couple questions what do you do with those eggs? Tonight's is like rubber it never busted it just bounced.
Yesterday's partially soft shelled egg when I broke it open it looked great.
Also I have a Polish hen and an Americana and their eggs are spectacular no problems. They have only been laying maybe two months. The Delaware is the only one with the problem
Completely normal for a new layer. Some girls just take a little longer for all the parts of the egg producing systems to start working together consistently. I let the dogs or the flock eat the shell-less eggs.

Back
Top Bottom