Shell less eggs

Never mind... I found the specs online:
View attachment 2512206
I was just about to send the picture. Mine is a blue bag
Country Companion-3.jpg

Hi. I have two young hens who have trouble with egg shells. One was getting better with calcium treatment, but then the calcium stopped working. I read that a manganese deficiency can cause egg shell issues, so provided shredded zucchini and that seemed to help. The other hen just dropped a soft egg from the roost last night. She only took a break from laying for a couple weeks during a severe molt, so I think her calcium stores are depleted. Can you try adding a little shredded zucchini (for manganese) and see how they do?
I will try the zucchini. Thanks for the info. I will post what happens in about 2 weeks if no change and before if there is a change. I appreciate all the information I get.

Wanted to let you all know that I appreciate everything you suggested for my chicken laying shell less eggs. The zucchini didn't help. Yesterday I noticed she had a prolapse so I'm wondering if that may have something to do with it. It looks like we will have to cull her.

We are in Colorado and being older have had some health issues come up. I have a knee that is going to need surgery. I am going to have to give my other two chickens away since I won't be able to give them proper care. One is an Australorpe and the other one appears to be a Red Star. If any of you are in Colorado and want them, please let me know. I just want them to go to someone who lets them have the run of the back yard.

Back
Top Bottom