shelleyd2008 Your buttons are hatching !!!

That's alotta cuteness for one thread!
big_smile.png

Cuteness is an understatement . In person they are overwhelmingly cute
th.gif

They are SO active, zipping around wildly, eating and drinking, then suddenly *crash* they are all passed out in a pile.
( can you tell I'm enjoying them
hu.gif
)

I *may* need therapy .............. I've 54 more button 'test' eggs incubating.
Then I won 30 coturnix eggs on ebay and the seller shipped me 60
ep.gif

barnie.gif
I may have a quail problem
lau.gif

That's funny! I don't have any white buttons, but there is at least one in every hatch! How many eggs did I send you? Those buttons sure are fertile birds! gabrielle1976 got 16 or 17 eggs from me, and had 15 hatch....wish I could do that good on them!
gig.gif

Thanks for the update, it's so nice to have good news for a change!

Quote:
Maybe both ????

Is there a quail addiction helpline ?

The 'buttons' have me in their power
gig.gif

I'm looking forward to some fresh coturnix meals and cann't wait to try the pickled eggs recipe that was posted on this forum.

Quote:
You sent me 19 eggs.
I'm VERY happy with a 14 hatch rate
big_smile.png
( I haven't counted out the other 5 eggs just yet ). I love the variety of colors. I cann't wait to watch them change and grow up. I'd never have guessed bright yellow would equal white
smile.png

The first 8 hatched very strong. I checked the incubator , nothing , went out to start the truck ready to leave for work, came back in and heard peeping, look in the incubator and there were 8 babies flopping around. All in under 5 mins !!! Amazing.

All this in an ancient ( 15 + yr old ) still air hovabator and only twice a day egg rocking. I did the egg carton method, propped on one side then the other . Not bad for a novice incubator person
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I think I'm off to a good start with my button flock !

That's great. Those were from the 24 hour auction right? So some of them were like 6 or 7 days old when they went out! Goes to show that older quail eggs hatch better! imo anyway!

Oh, and my buttons are all mixed colors, so you'll definitely be surprised at the different ones you'll get! I think I have 2 or 3 birds that are just 'one color'. Most of the others are at least 2 color mixes, mostly cinnamon or pearl. It's hard to believe that you have so many wilds! I only have 2 wild colored males! And that's out of 15 birds.

Last edited:
Yes, from the 24 hour auction.
I'd forgotten that some were considered 'old' eggs .
So some old eggs , plus shipping time & handling, plus novice incubation person who didn't quite follow all the recommendations perfectly , equals AWESOME hatching
ya.gif

It'll be fun to see all the colors develope
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom