Shellless eggs

Stevie Jean

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 20, 2016
Hi all. I have 4 chickens in my backyard. 2 Speckled Suxxex, 1 Barred Rock and 1 Ameraucana. They are all 16 months old. 3 1/2 months ago the Ameriaucana (Lola) stopped laying. The others are all laying just fine. But I've noticed 3 shellless eggs in that time frame that I'm sure are from Lola. She seems fine and healthy otherwise. They get fed Purina Organic Layer Crumbles. They have plenty off oyster shell at their dispoal. The only treats they get are meal worms in the afternoon when I collect eggs and kale.. Any ideas as to what I should do? Thanks! Stevie

Hi all. I have 4 chickens in my backyard. 2 Speckled Suxxex, 1 Barred Rock and 1 Ameraucana. They are all 16 months old. 3 1/2 months ago the Ameriaucana (Lola) stopped laying. The others are all laying just fine. But I've noticed 3 shellless eggs in that time frame that I'm sure are from Lola. She seems fine and healthy otherwise. They get fed Purina Organic Layer Crumbles. They have plenty off oyster shell at their dispoal. The only treats they get are meal worms in the afternoon when I collect eggs and kale.. Any ideas as to what I should do? Thanks! Stevie
Are they eating the OS?
They seem to be.

Are you feeding them any of that kale?
IIRC spinach can inhibit calcium uptake......maybe kale would too?
I'd sprinkle some OS out around with the mealworms.

Back
Top Bottom