Shellless eggs

Do you save your egg shells? I don't think most chickens seem to object to oyster shells but mine never ate them when offered as free choice, but will eat egg shells as free choice. I am a bit concerned though that she's gone such great time spans without laying.

Do you save your egg shells? I don't think most chickens seem to object to oyster shells but mine never ate them when offered as free choice, but will eat egg shells as free choice. I am a bit concerned though that she's gone such great time spans without laying.

I do save my eggshells. But feeding them to my chickens feels kinda cannibalistic to me.
Don't worry, it's not. It's perfectly normal and acceptable to feed them egg shells. Chickens love them. In nature, moms may eat the shells after the chicks hatch and chickens often eat broken eggs too. They have different sets of moral standards than we do 😜

Don't worry, it's not. It's perfectly normal and acceptable to feed them egg shells. Chickens love them. In nature, moms may eat the shells after the chicks hatch and chickens often eat broken eggs too. They have different sets of moral standards than we do 😜

Back
Top Bottom