She's a he, isn't she-he.

The older it gets, the more sure you will be but my thoughts are pullet. Not sure what kind of comb it has, but the wattles are not all that pronounced for a pullet that age. Saddle feathers are part of it, but the legs and body configuration just look pullet more than roo to me. It looks kind of heavy-bodied, but I think that is more the thick feathers.

She's a she in my opinion!
tongue.png

Phew! Well, all of that is good enough hope for me! I'll just keep my fingers crossed then. I'm not 100% sure on her age actually. I was told she hatched on March 23rd but my mom (who has chickens) thought they were all older than that. :shrug: She really just got the waddle and comb in the last week. My other bantam pullets don't have that.

And of course, now Walk on the Wild Side is stuck in my head, lol!

Quote:
Okay, but what am I waiting for exactly? Crowing? Because 'she's' been crowing for the last week straight.
hmm.png

If it crows, it's got to go.......well not really, but if it's crowin' you got a boy......or a really really confused girl. I thought the pics looked confused female to me, but unless it can lay an egg too, I think it's pretty well in the bag at this point

Back
Top Bottom