She's just not normal!

I have a little girl that does the same thing
roll.png
What type of breed is she?

Chee- Chee sounds just like my Sunshine~ she even looks about the same age. Sunny is only happy when she is on my shoulder and with typical chicken determination she goes for it everytime. I got her a baby chick friend because it broke my heart everytime I had to leave her. They get along~

Stripes asleep under Sunny's wing- both on Mommy's lap (in the house!)

Quote:
How old is Sunny? Did you get a chick just like her or would any chick do? I tried letting Chee-Chee free range with the others today, but she was petrified once again and they continued to peck at her non-stop. She would keep running to the back door and just standing there. There is no way the others will ever get along with her. Plus, I've put my silkie and Polish with the others and my silkie is obviously the Alpha. She/he is BOSSY! I'm wondering if it's going to be a roo because she/he really has an attitude and thinks it owns the coop. I was so excited about getting a silkie, but I'm beginning to not like her very much.
hmm.png
She's great with humans and loves to be held, but she doesn't get along well with any of the other chickens. They're also scared of her.

Now my Polish is a doll. She is the only one that accepts Chee-Chee.

Have a white LH pullet kinda like that. Hide treats behind my back till I get in the run, but she already knows. Will stay gluded to me untill I pass them out; then she is all over me trying to get the most. Bent over today to check the waterier and she flew upon my back, just because she could.
roll.png
Have a Production Red that will jump up on my knee and get treats till there gone, and stay while I pet her; then gets tired and jumps down.
hmm.png
. Play; PULL YOUR BUTT FEATHERS with all and they all run off, turn around and come back for more; who knows
gig.gif
Chickens are ----------Who knows; but fun.
wee.gif

Claude

How old is Sunny? Did you get a chick just like her or would any chick do? I tried letting Chee-Chee free range with the others today, but she was petrified once again and they continued to peck at her non-stop.

I think Sunny is 8 weeks~ give or take. I wasn't advised to get a chick for her, but my husband just brought the little thing home one day, we put them together, and they are fine. I won't say it's a perfect mix- fortunately little Stripes has energy and attitude (an EE) and Sunny (a BO) is a push over. Sunny has had a difficult time in her life so far- she was pretty pecked up when we got her, lost her first room mate to a hawk, and the flock picks on her (2 full grown RIR's) when I put them together.
Regardless, I don't regret putting her with the chick- she's happy to have a friend who doesn't pick on her.​

Back
Top Bottom