Shes not sweet anymore!

I had a chicken who did similar things. I put her in a pen with a bad rooster. That straightened her out!
I have two roosters and both are sweet. After her two weeks in the kennel for everyone to see her and she them, I released her. The rooster that's with the flock did lunge at her a lot, he's very protective but not aggressive. He's a Japanese bantam. But she's been qith the flock now for about a month and things have claimed down. However she's still aggressive!

I have two roosters and both are sweet. After her two weeks in the kennel for everyone to see her and she them, I released her. The rooster that's with the flock did lunge at her a lot, he's very protective but not aggressive. He's a Japanese bantam. But she's been qith the flock now for about a month and things have claimed down. However she's still aggressive!
Well, I hate to say this, but there are only a few great options for your future:
1. Eat a nice dinner.
2. Find a place to rehome this hen.
3. Pay $100 every year in first aid supplies while the evil hen hurts you.

Is 'she' laying eggs? It looks like 'she' is developing saddle feathers. The mantle feathers seem really pointy as well.

Being a Silkie cross and previous history sounds like wryneck, which Silkie roosters are more likely to develop.

She was hatched April 17th this year. She did get broody after her first egg lay and hasn't been broody since.
In one of the pictures on your shoulder she is all puffed up, head tucked in, looking bothered. If she isn’t broody and you are certain of that then you either need to integrate to the flock or rehome with full disclosure of behavior. She may be happy in a flock of chickens.

I am no expert but I suspect she thinks she's your equal or that you are part of her flock and she is trying to establish the pecking order with you. Animals are animals and have to know their place. Dogs who sleep in peoples' beds and eat off their plates think they are higher up in the pack order than they actually are (or should be). I imagine its the same with chickens though I've never raised one in the house to know. I do know chickens and dogs all have their own personalities so peoples' experience will vary but being allowed to perch on you might have given her the idea that she is your boss. Just my two cents. Might not be worth that lol

My dog thinks he is boss..he sleeps in the bed under the covers..
I am no expert but I suspect she thinks she's your equal or that you are part of her flock and she is trying to establish the pecking order with you. Animals are animals and have to know their place. Dogs who sleep in peoples' beds and eat off their plates think they are higher up in the pack order than they actually are (or should be). I imagine its the same with chickens though I've never raised one in the house to know. I do know chickens and dogs all have their own personalities so peoples' experience will vary but being allowed to perch on you might have given her the idea that she is your boss. Just my two cents. Might not be worth that lol

Back
Top Bottom