Shetland Duck Hatch🦆

Yes please keep us posted 😃
I decided not to start incubating the ducks eggs quite yet. I did get about 30 chicken eggs though which are in the incubator at the moment. Legbars, Marans and Houdans.

I know this thread is for my ducks but I thought I'd let you know what's happening.

P.s please excuse my PFP

I decided not to start incubating the ducks eggs quite yet. I did get about 30 chicken eggs though which are in the incubator at the moment. Legbars, Marans and Houdans.

I know this thread is for my ducks but I thought I'd let you know what's happening.

P.s please excuse my PFP
Thank you for the update, I was wondering if you did set the eggs.
How are your sweet teenage ducks and your beautiful new adult ducks doing?
Wow 30 chicken eggs, how exciting! Hopefully everything goes well :fl I will have to look up Houdan, I think they are crested?
Will you make a thread for your hatch?

...your PFP? A my little Pony - I did have some when I was a kid 😄

...just looked up Houdan 😊 What a pretty and interesting breed, I started reading about them, never thought there is a crested meat bird. I read they are very friendly!
I'm looking forward to when all your babies hatch, I hope you will post lots of pictures :thumbsup

How are your sweet teenage ducks and your beautiful new adult ducks doing?
They're doing great!! They get on really well with my new ones but they still go round together. Best friends.
I think they're both females. I get eggs every day from the new ones.
Will you make a thread for your hatch?
I might do. Not sure.
I'll probably make one once they hatch.
I'll definitely be posting lots of pictures.
.your PFP? A my little Pony - I did have some when I was a kid 😄
😄
twins with @EmmaRainboe

...just looked up Houdan 😊 What a pretty and interesting breed, I started reading about them, never thought there is a crested meat bird. I read they are very friendly!
I'm looking forward to when all your babies hatch, I hope you will post lots of pictures :thumbsup
Yes they are!
I've never kept a crested breed before so it'll be exciting.
I only have 3 Houdan eggs so hopefully they hatch.

They're doing great!! They get on really well with my new ones but they still go round together. Best friends.
I think they're both females. I get eggs every day from the new ones.

I might do. Not sure.
I'll probably make one once they hatch.
I'll definitely be posting lots of pictures.

😄
twins with @EmmaRainboe
That's awesome that your ducks are all doing so well!

I'm lloking forward to lots of pictures :celebrate

😄

Yes they are!
I've never kept a crested breed before so it'll be exciting.
I only have 3 Houdan eggs so hopefully they hatch.
Fingers crossed for all your 30 eggs :fl🤞

I unfortunately lost one of my beautiful females to a predator 3 nights ago.
For some reason the flock didn't go into their house like they normally do and I got there to lock them away only to find 5 ducks, not 6.

Looking on the positive side, I still have the drake which means I can continue the breeding like I was going to do.

There is a slim chance that it is sitting on eggs somewhere but I'm not too sure. I have had a look around and I can't see it anywhere.

I unfortunately lost one of my beautiful females to a predator 3 nights ago.
For some reason the flock didn't go into their house like they normally do and I got there to lock them away only to find 5 ducks, not 6.

Looking on the positive side, I still have the drake which means I can continue the breeding like I was going to do.

There is a slim chance that it is sitting on eggs somewhere but I'm not too sure. I have had a look around and I can't see it anywhere.
Oh no, I'm so sorry 😞
I hope and I wish the slim chance comes true 🙏
I guess like chickens they can hide very well? (I once stood directly in front of a hidden broody and just didn't/couldn't see her, it was weird)
Fingers crossed :fl

Back
Top Bottom