shipped eggs broke

Yeah all the air cells are dethatched, if none of these 19 hatch I most likely wont buy hatching eggs through the mail again. Ill have to find breeders around and just hatch what ever there breeds are or just order live chicks. Which seams like the way to go, the price I see for a lot of the chicks is not to far off from the price people charge for the eggs. I would think the egg would be half the price of the chick. Now I under stand there are some breeds that are rare or not readily available, but the common stuff is still like 2 to 3 bucks an egg. I don't know, its still fun to try tho.

Last edited:
will eggs that have aire cells detatched ever hatch? a few have reatached but most have not. I messed up and was turning them for the fist 24 hrs out of the bator. and they have been in the bator for for 3 days now and most are still detatched. I just want to know if i screwed them up for good or if there is still a chance to save them. Thanks

Well don't look like any of my shipped eggs are going to do anything, but 29 of the 36 I bought on cl made it to lockdown and 6 have piped so far. Do the pips need to be right side up? they all are so far but just wondered if they can pip the sides or bottom and be ok? I read the hatching 101 and the part wear it says "I lay my eggs down LOWEST DIP of the AIRCELL UP! " I did not do this, and not saying if not true but I doubt the hen really knows. But anyway think they will be ok? Thanks

I hope they hatch for you. be patient. as long as there is an outer pip they can be in the egg for over 24 hrs. and it is best that they stay in to absorb all the yolk. good luck!

so it don't matter if its on the side? I have no intention on opining the bator till tomorrow evening when I get home from work and that's only if they are all dry. might wait till Tuesday even.

ok, I just feel like I should turn them so the pip side is up. but im sure the hens don't so should be ok. As of now there are 10 that are or are working on piping. 2 you can see beak poking out from time to time.

Update, 2 hatched and wobbling around. one black with yellow belly and wing tips the other all yellow. the eggs came from brahmas, rir, orpington barred rock species, and Sussex roos. hens are Delaware, barred rock, white rock, speckled Sussex, buff orpingtons, rir, black sexlink, brahmas, ond cochins. That's exactly what the text reads that she sent me. Should be a nice group of hinzes 57, right?

Back
Top Bottom