Shipped Eggs, Hatch Rate Poll

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Buck Creek Chickens, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    What's your best hatch rate with shipped eggs, and did you do anything different with shipped compared to home grown?
    If your eggs came from a BYCer tells us who.

Mottled d'Uccle, from wwmicasa1, shipped 13 d'uccles 10 hatched, plus added 2 cochin both hatched

Silkies, from Dipsy Doodle Doo ?, 9 shipped, 7 hatched, none clear, also added 2 serama 1 hatched none clear.

If there are detached air cells I keep the humidty at 50% at all times.

Paula

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Mine have varied from about 93% down to around 60%, though just once, I did have a 20% hatch on one particular batch (that's unusual, though) Most commonly, my rates are in the high 80's.
    I've had shipped eggs from BamaChicken, ginasmarans, HenHaven, hinkjc, seriousbill and jimmy47. If I remember anyone else, I'll edit this list.

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    80% hatch from halo's bbr eggs shipped from FL to GA [​IMG]

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Worst: 0 of 18 Orps (non-BYCer)

Best: 11 0f 13 BLRWs (Turbo)

5. BawGock

BawGock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Idaho Panhandle, USA
    I just hatched 8 out of 12 on shipped cuckoo marans eggs shipped from Ohio to here in North Idaho.
    All the eggs were fertile because my 3 culls all had tiny embryos and I drowned one chick in the egg during the end of my hatch due to a spike in humidity.
    These eggs were hatchery eggs from Meyers.
    They packed the eggs beautifully and it was a good experience overall.
    But now that I know more, I will get my next batch of eggs from a BYCer because they generally offer much better quality and a very fair price.
    Carolyn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by