Shipped eggs hatching question

Sep 25, 2020
Forestville, NY
Hello everyone!

so this is my 3rd time hatching shipped eggs.

I got excited last summer and ordered some Ayam Cemani eggs without any experience and a home made incubator.

I upgraded to a real incubator and things got better but it seems the power went out a few times during the cold nights in the fall and gone.

During end of February my locally bought hens started laying and I experiment with them. I lost a lot and it turns out the thermometer I bought was just as bad as the ones built in.

now, here I am, fully prepared and my shipped eggs are really to hatch in a few days......

but here’s the problem, I kept the eggs pointy end down on my egg turner the whole incubation period. Do I just let them hatch like that or take the turner out and lay them flat now?

Take the turner out and lay the eggs down.
You should see one side of the air cell is lower (lower as in closer to the pointy side of the egg) than the other side of the air cell...this lower side should be facing The ceiling when you lay it down.

Hold. Let me see if I can find a picture for you real quick. Brb

Here:
Do you see how on the top of the egg the air cell line is closer to the pointy end of the egg?
That is the part you want facing the ceiling.
Screenshot_20210408-211154.png

Take the turner out and lay the eggs down.
You should see one side of the air cell is lower (lower as in closer to the pointy side of the egg) than the other side of the air cell...this lower side should be facing The ceiling when you lay it down.

Hold. Let me see if I can find a picture for you real quick. Brb
Okay

Back
Top Bottom