shipped eggs

chickabator

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
ky
I candled my buff rock eggs last night I bought them on ebay and every single one of the eggs were either clear or they had blood rings in them. I tried to candle my ameraucana eggs that I bought on there too and I can't see in the egg it is day 11 on them and all I see is black. a few of them have an air cell but not all of them any suggestions on them? are they gone also?

Don't give up on the ameraucana, sounds like some of them are still growing...

If your sure you have clears and bloodrings I would take those out. If your uncertain of a few of them put a question mark on them and wait til day 14 or so to candle again and then toss the bad ones....

Oh I am sure I took them out last night. Clear as a bell and you could see the yolk floating in them then at the bottom there was a blood ring no veining at all . The man I bought them from didn't even put fradgile on the box. I advised him to mark the box so maybe they won't get x-rayed but I kind of think they were not even fertile, oh well my bad

Yup you never know what your gonna get online.

Ive herd of people last year saying folks where shipping out pre incubated eggs or should i say they where sending ones that died in there bators and where trying to make money from the junk eggs.

That is sad when i hear things like that..

sorry to here of your loss
dont give up try again...

Charlie

Quote:
Are you serious,that is sick,no wonder i dont like people

I had bought some on e-Bay also. I too had lost everyone of the eggs, but the seller was wonderful and replaced them for the price of shipping.
big_smile.png
I candled then last night and I did lose 5 but that is better than 18!!

Last edited:
I had bought 18 and all 18 were clear. I did email him and he said he is going to ship me 12 more for free so I guess I will try again, to be honest DH has toooooo many chickens right now but he is wanting to try his new octagon 20 advanced so what else can I do but let him try to hatch them (although I'm the one that takes care of all of them)lol.
but I love it its just he has sooo many

Yes i know a person that bought some ON E==Y and when they received them they candle to see what the air cells looked like, sure enough most of them had blood rings and the rest he incubated and they where infertile, the seller refused to do anything about it and so neg feed back was left.

but ive also hered from a few of our customers tell there stories about egg auctions they had won. alot good but some not so good.

Yes most of the sellers are great on there and the other auction site as well, but then there are also a few bad ones to.

Like forest gump said
life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get..

Charlie

Back
Top Bottom