Shipped Pekin **** eggs incubation!

Duckybabes

In the Brooder
May 2, 2020
I ordered Pekin duck eggs which will be arriving tomorrow the 24th. I am going to let them sit out for 24 hours so that the air cell can go back to where it needs to be and I will start incubation on Thursday the 25th. This is the little giant still air Inc. you Bader if anyone has any tips or tricks that you could share for incubation that would help my hatch rate that would be awesome.
32B924F7-0CC7-4F78-B8B5-EC08445C57FB.jpeg

Nice! Good luck to you on your incubation! If you're interested, you may want to join July's hatch-a-long since your duckies should hatch in July. It's a great place to ask questions along the way, if you have any.

My first incubation was duck eggs and the lady that sold them to me gave me these basic instructions. They all hatched and it's done well for me, so I share them in case they can be helpful to others. Good luck! :)

Edit to add: The still air incubators may need a slightly different temperature than the incubators with a fan, so I'd check into that as well as using a calibrated thermometer to double check the temp readings in your incubator. ;)

Hatching 28-day duck eggs

Day 1-3: humidity at 43-47% ideally, but not more than 50%.
Temperature: 99.3-99.6F

Day 2: start misting once daily with 100F distilled water

Day 4: Humidity 45-55%

Day 5 and 10: Candle

Day 15-25: leave lid open or off the incubator for 15 minutes a day, mist the eggs then put the lid back on. (Mimics broody mom going for a swim and coming back wet)

Day 25: Candle

Day 26: lockdown. Decrease temps to 98.6, humidity 67-74% and the waiting begins.

Day 28: Hatch day!

Back
Top Bottom