Shipping birds to Arkansas Embargo?

sutillman

Songster
10 Years
Feb 27, 2009
south georgia
Tried to ship a couple of birds to north Arkansas and they were returned saying there is an embargo on live birds there. Does anyone know about this?

According to the PO, it was started on 8/01/09. Can't get any info at all from any of the PO's I've called. The PO at the recieving end knows nothing about it. Is there somewhere you can go to get a list of zipcodes you can't ship to? Because the USPS doesn't seem to know about one.

BirdShippers of America didn't say anything about an embargo there. Not sure why. I got a roo from Arkansas and never had any problems from there.

Are the shippers on strike or did you have an NPIP papers or vet papers with this bird? Personally I never had problem shipping birds without NPIP papers to NY or any state for that matter. Maybe look up the Arkansas shippers website or FedEX problems.

Call the Dept of Agriculture. Also call the post office you shipped to.

Unless it is a place like Hawaii where everything gets quarantined, I don't think they are prepared to return all live birds. The post office does not enforce agriculture laws.

Recieved birds from there last week. We are sort of swapping birds. She had no problem shipping them out. This is my first time shipping, so I don't know what to do or who to talk to. I am shipping to Arkansas from Georgia.

Last edited:
Hope something is resolved with this matter.

Had a friend in Arkansas and she said she never heard of a thing like that. She could ship birds out from Little Rock, Arkansas with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom