1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Shipping eggs on Friday?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by equus2, Feb 16, 2009.

1. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok, someone reassure me that eggs shipped on a Friday won't sit in a post office all weekend long![​IMG]

I just won a bid on eggs that I learned later wouldn't be shipped until next friday, from a neighboring state, so they are fairly close. Will the PO call you on a Sunday to come and pick up? This is NOT a small town PO -

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    The eggs will travel even though the post offices are closed for pick up on Sat. and Sundays. The mail trucks are still on the move. I've gotten eggs shipped to me on Fridays and Sat. and have them bright and early Monday mornings.

3. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    well the P.O. runs on sunday, just no delivery. If you call them a head of time they might call you. if they could just ship on thursday you would get them saturday. Is that the only day they will ship? T=cause that is kinda dumb

4. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Just talked to my PO - there's no one there from Saturday noon, through Monday am. Argh.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by