shipping questions re: mypetchicken.com

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by johnnalei, Aug 7, 2009.

1. johnnalei

johnnalei Songster

May 18, 2009
    Colorado
    For those who have ordered from mypetchicken.com...did the chicks get delivered to your door or to your post office? If the post office, how do you know when they have them? How long from the ship date until they get to you? Any other comments/concerns/raves? Thanks!!

2. hikerchick

hikerchick Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Quote:they got delivered to my post office and the post office called me when they arrived.

I got mine the day after they shipped.

3. ClairedeLune

ClairedeLune Songster

Apr 13, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Mine were delivered to my house. [​IMG]
    They arrived on Wednesday and were shipped on Monday.

4. johnnalei

johnnalei Songster

May 18, 2009
    Colorado
    If they were delivered to your door, were you home at the time. If you got them from the post office, did they attempt to deliver them to your home first?

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I always stop by to PO and give them a heads up, so they will call me for pickup rather than put them on the truck. We are the last stop on the route, and the USPS workers here have been great about it!

6. johnnalei

johnnalei Songster

May 18, 2009
    Colorado
    One more question...has anyone ordered a surprise order? If so, do they tell you what you get, or do you just figure it out on your own?

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:This is a good idea no matter where you order your chicks from. Let the post office know a day or two in advance.

8. awtandrocks

awtandrocks In the Brooder

Aug 2, 2009
    Florida
    I just ordered from MPC (Shipping Monday [​IMG]) and I called my post office and they said that they get chicks thru there all the time and they will call the number you gave to MPC (they put it on the outside of the box) before they deliver to see if you'd rather pickup.

I can't wait... I'll be working on my coop this weekend to pass the time.

9. Graiae66

Graiae66 In the Brooder

Aug 3, 2009
    Georgia
    Yes, like the others: When I placed my order, I immediately called the PO and let them know my home #, work #, and cell #. The chicks shipped on Monday, and the PO called on Weds. AM around 7:30. We picked them up, all safe and sound, at 8:30 AM that same day. No problems at all. [​IMG]

Dee

10. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Songster

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    I just got my chicks from MPC this week. They were shipped out Monday and I got them Tuesday, which is pretty amazing since I live on the opposite side of the country from there hatchery. I live in a small town and I told our local USPS the week before they were to be delivered that I was expecting chicks mailed to me. On Tuesday morning around 8 am I got a call from the main USPS office in the major city that my town is next to that I had chickens there. (Our mail all goes there first then it comes on smaller trucks to our town.) I told them I would go pick them up from there. MPC has your phone number printed on the top of the box and it says in bold letter "Call ###-#### apon arrival."

I think it all depends on what your post office does. I would suggest talking to them and giving them a heads up. That way you will know if the postman will just deliver them to your house for you or if they will keep them at the office.

Mine where great and happy and so far healthy. MPC was very helpful everytime I have called also the chicks come packaged very well. If you have more question call them and they will be more then willing to answer any questions you have.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: