Shitty Vent issue

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chooka, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Chooka

Chooka Out Of The Brooder

Hi all, searched through this section( Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures) For as long as could be bothered!!. So thought id ask instead. A few of our chooks have a nonsense pussy vent, I have removed the poo and the pussy type of crust that's forming near the vent and spray an antiseptic on this seems to help it but has not fixed it .Any help much appreciated.

cheers
    Chooka

2. ZombieChickens

ZombieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Edited for content. Please see the rules regarding posting on this family friendly board.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
  3. marymac

marymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    Quote:huh???? Hope someone can help

4. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    You might want to try changing some of your cuss words so people know what you're talking about.

5. Chooka

You might want to try changing some of your cuss words so people know what you're talking about.

OK, POOP AND Puss near the anus!!!!!! and a crusty sort of substance.

6. Lurken Turken

Lurken Turken Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2010
    Acampo
    I think this person is talking about an infection in or around the vent (pus).

Ok ok...had to giggle a bit also....sorry.[​IMG]

7. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    Chooka,

Some nice benign words used everyday downunder get red flagged in the US. Puritan roots, ya know. Repost with words direct for the collegiate version of the Webster's dictionary and you'll get some help.

By the way welcome to BYC!

8. Chooka

Quote:Rodger that's exactly what im talk'n about

9. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I would dose with a broad spectrum antibiotic if it its more than one hen. If only one, check for her to be eggbound.

If you give antibiotic, be sure to replace the nasty bacteria in the gut with healthy bacteria...yogurt and probiotics.

10. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    Quote:I agree. I worked for a vet for a while, and once described a wound as "pussy" She came unglued --- "pus-sy is NOT a word! Say it another way - do not use "pussy"! Didn't even register when I was writing it down... boy, I felt dumb [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by