Shocker Price for Feed

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16-17
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
Just bought a 50lb bag of Purina Flock raiser this morning, they weren't kidding when they said prices were going up because of the drought. $21.50 for 50lbs. most I have ever paid. Anyone else seeing this already? Just 2 weeks ago 17.00

WoW, our prices have all stayed the same from last delivery (2 weeks ago) to today (just got delivered). Very happy our hay and alfalpha pellet prices have not jumped yet either. Although 7.50 a bale for coastal hay is robery in its own right.

Your scaring me lol Yes, the feed mill mentioned prices were going up when we got feed the other week, i need to get more tomorrow a little worried now.

. Although 7.50 a bale for coastal hay is robery in its own right.
ep.gif
holy moly! i pay $4 for a grass hay. Square bale.

Yep square bale coastal grass $7.50 a bale. LoL

$300.00 every two weeks is a common feed bill here this time of the year. 500 during hatching season for the geese is not uncommon for us.

Our weekly feed bill during hatching season is $200+. and yesterdays bill had gone up $18.. and we still ran out last week a day early.. these turkeys are eating us out of house and home...

going to grow some stuff for them

Hold onto your hats because it is going to be a rough ride this year. Crops are failing all over the country due to drought.

Not only that, but demand is up world-wide, and we have to out pay the rest of the world for whatever grain and soybean that survives the drought.

Speculation on the futures market is going a bit crazy, and we will have to out pay those speculators, too, in order to get our hands on a physical bag of grain.

I wish we had a mill around these parts. But I am going to be getting other grains to add to my bag of FR, going tomorrow for the rest it will be interesting to see what it will end up costing after all said an done. For those of us who have small back yard flocks I have 30 chickens 13 ducks and a goose. It is going to be pricey to have pets I have a feeling. I didn't even price Blk oil sunflower seeds since I still have some of them.
hide.gif

Yeah, I've already seen prices go up. I bought a bag of waterfowl feed last week and they warned me that the mill was raising their prices so that was reflected in the price increase.

I'm more worried about hay for my horses than feed for my birds, though. I haven't really been paying too much attention lately - has anyone in the PNW heard how the hay crops are doing? Right now I can get local orchard for $7.50/bale, but E WA hay is about $16.00/bale ( approx 90 lb bales).

Back
Top Bottom