Should 24 hour old chick be pooping?

Pipper101

In the Brooder
May 3, 2021
Should a 24 hour old baby chicks be pooping? I have seen nothing, didn’t know if this was normal or not.:jumpy

Attachments

• 1FFFAC80-B7D8-45DB-854D-118AB273CAC4.jpeg
    1FFFAC80-B7D8-45DB-854D-118AB273CAC4.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 8
So is it ok that I haven’t seen any yet?
It's so small, you might not even see it. I had one poop in the incubator, but then, when I moved them into the brooder, I only saw a couple little spots on the puppy pad covering the wood chips. Had it not been on a white pad, I may not have seen it. I don't think most of them pooped until the next day.

It's so small, you might not even see it. I had one poop in the incubator, but then, when I moved them into the brooder, I only saw a couple little spots on the puppy pad covering the wood chips. Had it not been on a white pad, I may not have seen it. I don't think most of them pooped until the next day.
Okay that would make sense because they are on a brown towl. Thank you!

Okay that would make sense because they are on a brown towl. Thank you!
You're welcome. And to clarify, when I read your original post, I though you were questioning if it was ok for them to poop that early. My apologies. Is it ok for them to poop that early? Yes, but don't be too alarmed if the don't.

The towel may be hiding their little turds. If only big chickens pooped like little chickens.

Back
Top Bottom