Should be a fairly simple breed indentification

bantamamba

Songster
10 Years
Jan 17, 2010
Please help me out? What are these girls?

I know these aren't the best...I can get better ones in another day or so. Especially of the golden-red roo (which oddly enough seemed to be a hen for the first two years of his life? According to his owner...) There is also a smaller dark red hen I would like to get identified...so. More pics to come. Just wanted to see if any of you could work with this for now (my batteries died).

DCFN0012-3-1.jpg

DCFN0013-3-1.jpg

Thank you!

Looks like Australorp hens and, what color feet does the red/orange one have? I'd label it a New Hampshire or Production Red, but the feet are either muddy or actually grey colored. And, it looks like a hen to me - What points the owner or you to a roo?

Oh, my bad -- the roo isn't actually pictured.
smile.png
He's quite obviously a manly type, just wasn't around when I got it in my head to take these.

The red-orange one's feet are a smutty grey/orange, it's not just mud.

Many thanks. My noobness to much of the chicken world shows itself, lol. I'll update this with the other two pics...I am assuming the rooster is a RIR as well then, but who knows.

I would certainly assume so. Both these breeds are the most common found, besides Barred Rocks. Interesting about the leg color though.

Perhaps she is a cross of some sort? Would that account for the colour? She is very healthy, a good layer...not sure about age though.

Back
Top Bottom