Should be Araucana. Are these all pullets and what color might they be when adults?

tbitt

Songster
Apr 28, 2011
IL
I know, I know, we are guessing here but it is fun to see what people think.

These are supposed to be Araucana pullets.

3 of them; one that is very yellow, now that is slight brown with a light brown strip down the back and one that is dark brown with a darker brown strip down the back

I picked them up at the local feed store. I could not help my self!
ep.gif

They look (to me) like they have "rumps" so they are probably just plain 'ol EE's

I really don't mind, because I really just want the pretty eggs.
love.gif

I sure hope they all grow up to be different looking an not all end up having the same coloring.

Aww, they're adorable! I can't speculate on color since I am not good about those things, though!

They are EEs, however, though that doesn't make them any less awesome! Feed stores get their stock from hatcheries, and no commercial hatcheries breed purebred Araucana or Ameraucanas. You can see that the babies have poofy, fluffy cheeks. Those are the start of muffs and beards which are very common in EEs. It is genetically different from the facial tufts Araucanas are known for.

I figured they were really just EE's but that is OK. because I am excited about the color of eggs we will get.

I think the beards are going to be fun(ny). I picked 3 different looking ones to hopefully get a variety of color when they mature. Can't have no same 'ol same 'ol here. LOL

Aww, they're adorable! I can't speculate on color since I am not good about those things, though!

They are EEs, however, though that doesn't make them any less awesome! Feed stores get their stock from hatcheries, and no commercial hatcheries breed purebred Araucana or Ameraucanas. You can see that the babies have poofy, fluffy cheeks. Those are the start of muffs and beards which are very common in EEs. It is genetically different from the facial tufts Araucanas are known for.

I agree, definetally EE's. They should all have a different color as they grow up but it's too early for me to tell what color they are (I'm not an expert at telling a chick's future color). If you want us to tell the gender, post pictures of them at 4 weeks or older and please make sure to get a picture of the comb and waddles (extreme close up of the face) and maybe one of their bellies, males will have a vertical bald-spot while females will have good feathering.

I will definitely do that! I think it will be fun to guess...well, I'll be guessing...you all are the ones who might have a clue!
wink.png

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom