should I assist? HELP!

Myst4

Songster
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
N.S., Canada
I now have 11 babies out of 12.The 12th has pipped,but not due to hatch until tomorrow. I have a problem though. My 11th chick seems to be stuck. I can see his/her feet and one wing. The baby has been trying for all it's worth to get out without luck. The other seem to be climbing all over him which doens't help. What should I do? Leave him alone or help. If he was the last to hatch I would help for sure, but the is one more egg.

If it were me, and I just went through this, I would open up the bator really quick and grab that little guy and help him out. Then quickly put him back in. I did this with two chicks over the last 2 days and the other eggs still hatched. I'm not saying to do this, but this is what I would do. Good luck.

Quote:
Thanks... I did it,didn't opened the lid too wide,just enough for my arm to go in and then removed the top part of the shell and took the bottom with him in it and gently dumped him(well with his help) out. He's fine now.

Quote:
Just need my last egg to hatch and that will be all of them. 100 % hatch..wooo hoooo !!!!! and this is my very first hatch. Oh and thank you so much again !!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom