Should I be concerned?

Bayoucrazy

Chirping
Sep 1, 2020
South of New Orleans Louisiana
I have 3 hens. All 8 months old. They have been laying eggs since February. I have an Easter egger who usually laid 5-6 eggs a week but hasn’t laid one since Friday. She eats well, runs around, forages and acts normal. I picked her up and she didn’t feel like she was eggbound. (I really wouldn’t know what that feels like though) but from what I read she isn’t acting like she is having problems and she is way to young to stop laying. So should I be concerned?
my other two are americauna and golden comet and they lay way almost every day. If I had more hens I wouldn’t have even noticed but she is only one who lays the green/blue eggs

I have 3 hens. All 8 months old. They have been laying eggs since February. I have an Easter egger who usually laid 5-6 eggs a week but hasn’t laid one since Friday. She eats well, runs around, forages and acts normal. I picked her up and she didn’t feel like she was eggbound. (I really wouldn’t know what that feels like though) but from what I read she isn’t acting like she is having problems and she is way to young to stop laying. So should I be concerned?
my other two are americauna and golden comet and they lay way almost every day. If I had more hens I wouldn’t have even noticed but she is only one who lays the green/blue eggs
Is she molting?

If she's acting normal, I wouldn't be too concerned. Is her comb bright red or slightly pale/pink? I've personally had several instances where I thought certain hens weren't laying only to realize they starting hiding their eggs! Check the corners of the coop or anywhere secluded that she has access to - inside or out of the coop. You might find a stash :)

Is she molting?
She loses a feather every now and then but not like the pictures I’ve seen. Lol
If she's acting normal, I wouldn't be too concerned. Is her comb bright red or slightly pale/pink? I've personally had several instances where I thought certain hens weren't laying only to realize they starting hiding their eggs! Check the corners of the coop or anywhere secluded that she has access to - inside or out of the coop. You might find a stash :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

Attachments

• 770884FB-9C0A-483D-B442-23AE15704F77.jpeg
    770884FB-9C0A-483D-B442-23AE15704F77.jpeg
    888.3 KB · Views: 15
  • A58CEAE4-B283-4F98-9BF9-AD50DAEF838A.jpeg
    A58CEAE4-B283-4F98-9BF9-AD50DAEF838A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 190CB58F-9D15-408D-B9F3-2E23AF86DFB5.jpeg
    190CB58F-9D15-408D-B9F3-2E23AF86DFB5.jpeg
    995.8 KB · Views: 20
We had so much rain this last week I have raked every inch of the run and thoroughly cleaned the coop and none in there.
Interesting! Her comb looks nice and red so I wouldn't think this no-egg spell will last very long, and if you can't find any eggs in the coop or run then she's probably just taking a little break. If anyone else has any suggestions I would love to know other potential reasons for this. Let us know if/when you get her next egg :)

Back
Top Bottom