Should I build a new run???!!!

Pics
Well I would like some understanding of how much it costs to make a run with wood before I make a budget.
Sounds like you simply need to make a very simple drawing of what you plan to make, then figure out your materials list. Basing your dimensions off of standard lumber sizes will help a lot in keeping from wasting materials and save a little $. These days prices are readily available online so you can easily calculate the general cost of your project. Other things to factor in are your time, perhaps tools if you need them, etc.

Sounds like you simply need to make a very simple drawing of what you plan to make, then figure out your materials list. Basing your dimensions off of standard lumber sizes will help a lot in keeping from wasting materials and save a little $. These days prices are readily available online so you can easily calculate the general cost of your project. Other things to factor in are your time, perhaps tools if you need them, etc.
Okay I will make a drawing with dimensions and post it here.

Okay I will make a drawing with dimensions and post it here.
...and then add it all up and look at HomeDepot or whatever place you're buying materials from and get your cost. You can easily guestimate the square footage of fencing materials and pick out what size roll(s) you'll need to buy - often Amazon or a feed store is cheapest for that.

I am currently making a drawing but I’m wondering if the corner posts and the support beams will be sitting on top of the bottom frame or if I will make cuts to go in between them?
Haven't gotten all caught up on this thread yet, but my suggestion is to make as few cuts as possible. That's when things go wrong. So I would put the posts within the frame.

And I agree with @artbykarenehaley ! Hoop coops are easy and adorable (in my opinion). They also handle snow pretty well well and aren't as expensive as other options because you need less lumber. Hardware cloth will be your biggest expense with a hoop coop.

Haven't gotten all caught up on this thread yet, but my suggestion is to make as few cuts as possible. That's when things go wrong. So I would put the posts within the frame.

And I agree with @artbykarenehaley ! Hoop coops are easy and adorable (in my opinion). They also handle snow pretty well well and aren't as expensive as other options because you need less lumber. Hardware cloth will be your biggest expense with a hoop coop.
So I will put the pieces of wood on the inside of the frame? I don’t think the hoop coupe is my best option. There are many variables such as transportation and I think they look cute but I don’t know how long-term they will be.

Just sayin. Not much lumber and the run was put together in just a few hours.

1335199-e30a444987a3428af1796a8bd562d96c.jpg

Handled snow very well indeed.
IMG_20210315_083954.jpg

First pic was when new and second pic was in year 6.

Back
Top Bottom