Should I cover or not cover my run? Pros and cons.

Does it get hot in the coop at night? It has 3 vent windows in the coop, but I wondered if I need to put a small fan in there?
It may get very hot during the day, and be slow to dissipate as they go to roost.
Having a thermometer in the coop will help you track the conditions.
In your climate I'd have lots of ventilation.
Post pics of your coop and it's relation to the house, may help garner viable suggestions.

I just ordered a door for mine. Does it get hot in the coop at night? It has 3 vent windows in the coop, but I wondered if I need to put a small fan in there?
Depending on the size of the windows, and the amount of wind and shade near your coop. My coop has a shade tree above is, and the windows are very large. If you feel the need to get a fan especially in the summer (I've been thinking about getting one). You can get a small electrical fan and connect it to a solar panel.

Depending on the size of the windows, and the amount of wind and shade near your coop. My coop has a shade tree above is, and the windows are very large. If you feel the need to get a fan especially in the summer (I've been thinking about getting one). You can get a small electrical fan and connect it to a solar panel.
I don't have any trees and the ground is a gentle slope, so water does run off it. the area gets sun up to about 12 or 1 PM, then it is shaded by house. Bu I am in North GA and it gets really hot here, even in the shade. My hen house windows are 5 X 16 inches, two of them across from one another. I thought a fan on one side will help cool and push hot air out the other side. Will see. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom