should i crack one open?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jason180sx, Sep 13, 2011.

1. jason180sx

jason180sx Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    ireland
    hi i have 10 hatching eggs 1 hatch the 21 first day and died that night but no more today is the 25 day and and no chicks help me

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    It does sound like with 25 days, they are not going to hatch. I would break them open, one by one, to see what happened inside of them........Um....could be stinky, so do that outside. Keep a mental note of what you see.....blood rings mean an early death, did you get partial development.....

There is a website for incubating troubleshooting......Just google those words, and maybe you can find out what's going wrong with your incubator. Incubation is really tricky. Who knows, maybe your eggs weren't fertile.....You never know until you look.

Sharon

3. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

4. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I have the same problem, mine how ever are only on day 22. But it sure looks doubtful, if you crack them open how heck are you supposed to know what went wrong? I would like to know if it was something I did or just bad luck. I'm confused how you can tell on a fully developed chick as mine are, all 5 eggs have a chick in it. On some it is obvious that the air sac is misshaped but still attached, could that be the problem?
    Michele

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by