Should I cull a hen that endlessly gets bullied

I PERSONALLY would eat a bully who predictably drew blood. I have no room in my flock for a bird like that.
Yeah I would too but the other hen is also a bully and I don't want to leave the two remaining hens in a coop together.

I PERSONALLY would eat a bully who predictably drew blood. I have no room in my flock for a bird like that.
If it was one bully in a larger flock, I would also cull the bully.

But it looks like OP only has 3 chickens, and culling just the victim will leave two that can get along. So in this case, culling the victim probably does make more sense.

Actually, I would probably cull or rehome all 3 of them at this point, given the other circumstances listed. But just culling or rehoming the victim will solve the immediate problem.

If it was one bully in a larger flock, I would also cull the bully.

But it looks like OP only has 3 chickens, and culling just the victim will leave two that can get along. So in this case, culling the victim probably does make more sense.

Actually, I would probably cull or rehome all 3 of them at this point, given the other circumstances listed. But just culling or rehoming the victim will solve the immediate problem.

*nods*

No one-size fits all solutions in anything -- especially chickens. :D

I have three hens and one of them gets bullied by the other two. I keep the bullies together in a coop and the other hen in a separate enclosure. One of the bullies viciously attacks on sight when I let them all out into the yard and the other bully lightly picks at the comb of the bullied hen when eating near each other. This problem has been going on for about 2 months now. I've posted about this before and people said to put the bullies in jail but that hasn't seem to turn down the aggression. All of the hens are good layers and a little over 3 years old. I suppose I could give the bullied hen away to someone. If I do want to put down the bullied hen myself, would a killing cone or cervical dislocation be better? I don't have an axe so I cannot behead anything.
Why would you kill her when you could re-home her. Culling is very unnecessary!!!

Back
Top Bottom