Should I feed my chicks medicated feed?

When I got back into chickens I medicated the first batch only because there hadn't been chickens free pooping in the aloted area in years and years so I wasn't sure if letting them build resistance via the soil would be a good thing or not given the time lapse.
Since then though I don't buy medicated they get chunked outside a few hours a day starting at a week old to be chickens.
Luckily eating dirt is considered a good time and builds that resistance so everyone wins.:)
So medicated feed in 2016, not a bit since.

No! It's my personal choice.. I have and won't do anymore.. My reasoning if you want to call it that.. Immune System can not develop if VEXED.. get yours did you..? Sorry Political and get your affairs in order.. I am older than most vaccines.. I lived through Polio, Small Pox, Scarlet Fever to Rheumatic Fever.. Have had every childhood disease known to man.. Heck, mama's used to set up play dates with some kid you didn't even know so you would get the Mumps too Measles or Chicken Pox.. That is the way to do it.. None of these diseases are what they are cracked up to be.. even had Rubella (Hard German Measles) as an infant and am still here.. Though poor eyesight which may be hereditary anyway.. You medicate and you remove all the fun.. I've been VEXED two times, Polio, with which they lined us up two too three times a year experiment.., and Small pox. They did sneak a Tetanus shot up on me when I wasn't looking.. So not necessarily. Postscript: Believe the Immune System has been breed out of them.. but it is a start nonetheless.
I like you

Back
Top Bottom