Should I get all three turkeys?

sandy sea

Crowing
16 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Rogersville MO
I had two hen turkey, but one took off. The Hen that stayed is around 6 months old. I found someone that is selling turkeys. She has one hen around 6 months old and also has 2 hens that are 1 and a half years old. Should I buy all three turkeys from her or should I just buy the one that is about the same age as mine? I have never added turkeys. How do I introduce the turkeys?

I had two hen turkey, but one took off. The Hen that stayed is around 6 months old. I found someone that is selling turkeys. She has one hen around 6 months old and also has 2 hens that are 1 and a half years old. Should I buy all three turkeys from her or should I just buy the one that is about the same age as mine? I have never added turkeys. How do I introduce the turkeys?
Do what ever you want. Get all or just get one. The more the merrier.

The proper way to introduce them is to quarantine the new ones until you are sure they are disease and pest free.

Near the end of the quarantine, you can make it so that your hen can see but not touch them. At the final introduction, observe their behavior when they are in the same pen together. They will have pecking order issues to work out.

Ya buy all 3. If you just got the one and it or your original one runs off then you'd have to go through this all again.

Do what ever you want. Get all or just get one. The more the merrier.

The proper way to introduce them is to quarantine the new ones until you are sure they are disease and pest free.

Near the end of the quarantine, you can make it so that your hen can see but not touch them. At the final introduction, observe their behavior when they are in the same pen together. They will have pecking order issues to work out.
Will I waited too long and they sold. Another question, would it be best to get turkeys around the same age as mine, or can I get day old turkey and raise them?

Back
Top Bottom