Should i give my ducks B complex, brewers yeast, or nutritional yeast for niacin?

The feed is never enough for some Breeds
Just start durvet B complex 1ml over small treat ( a few peas ) or directly by syringe
Also put nutritional yeast 1tbs to 1 cup feed till 12 weeks then sprinkle it on a few times a week just ti make sure they are getting a bit more even as teens and adults
I am brand new to this site and a brand new duck owner with no knowledge of ducks. I have about 2 week old baby Ducks. I was told to buy Dumor 20% chick starter from TSC where I bought the ducklings on a whim. I fell in love with them when I saw them and bought all 11 of them. I have no idea what they are. TSC told me they are mixed breeds, but had no clue what any of them are.

I have read this thread and now am very worried about this leg issue being discussed on here, which I have no understanding of what it is either. But it sounds bad from one comment I read that they are "devastated". There is not a niacin content amount or any form of vitamin amount listed on the bag. I just looked. How do I know if the ducklings are getting enough niacin from this food? I'm very concerned now. They seem alright to me but I sure don't want any leg problems either. Where do you buy this duvet vit B complex you are talking about? I looked on Amazon but all I see is for cows, goats and pigs. Can you please help me find what I need to supplement my babies? I'm also confused on the yeast to buy as well. Do I buy brewer's yeast and nutritional yeast both, or just the nutritional and which one please? Again Amazon has several. I will order it right away. Thank you so much for your help.

I am brand new to this site and a brand new duck owner with no knowledge of ducks. I have about 2 week old baby Ducks. I was told to buy Dumor 20% chick starter from TSC where I bought the ducklings on a whim. I fell in love with them when I saw them and bought all 11 of them. I have no idea what they are. TSC told me they are mixed breeds, but had no clue what any of them are.

I have read this thread and now am very worried about this leg issue being discussed on here, which I have no understanding of what it is either. But it sounds bad from one comment I read that they are "devastated". There is not a niacin content amount or any form of vitamin amount listed on the bag. I just looked. How do I know if the ducklings are getting enough niacin from this food? I'm very concerned now. They seem alright to me but I sure don't want any leg problems either. Where do you buy this duvet vit B complex you are talking about? I looked on Amazon but all I see is for cows, goats and pigs. Can you please help me find what I need to supplement my babies? I'm also confused on the yeast to buy as well. Do I buy brewer's yeast and nutritional yeast both, or just the nutritional and which one please? Again Amazon has several. I will order it right away. Thank you so much for your help.
Congratulations on the new ducks
I like nutritional yeast
You can order it off Amazon or buy in health food stores or even Walmart has it
1tbs to 1 cup feed till 12 weeks after that just sprinkle it on feed a few times a week
The durvet vitamin B complex will say for injectable for cattle. With ducks we do it oral 1ml a day
This is only needed if you see a leg issue
I just like to keep a bottle on hand in case
TS sells it as well as Amazon or durvet web page itself
The nutritional yeast is a preventative and provides enough niacin they shouldn’t get any keg issues
If you can find a waterfowl feed that would be better
Ducks need different amounts of things then chickens
If not they will be fine
Ducks also need water deep enough they can duvk their whole heads to clear the eyes and nares
Getting containers you can cut holes in the lids so they can get the head in and out but not climb in really helps keep the brooder dry
Once outside lids are not needed
After 2 weeks of age you can start giving treats but also need to provide chick grit in a separate bowl they can eat as needed to help digest those treats
I take my ducklings off starter feed by 3 weeks and have them on grower feed
Make sure to do it gradually by mixing the feed
I do 3/4 starter to 1/4 grower for 3 days then 1/2-1/2 for 3 days then 1/4 starter to 3/4 grower for 3 days
Hope this helps

Congratulations on the new ducks
I like nutritional yeast
You can order it off Amazon or buy in health food stores or even Walmart has it
1tbs to 1 cup feed till 12 weeks after that just sprinkle it on feed a few times a week
The durvet vitamin B complex will say for injectable for cattle. With ducks we do it oral 1ml a day
This is only needed if you see a leg issue
I just like to keep a bottle on hand in case
TS sells it as well as Amazon or durvet web page itself
The nutritional yeast is a preventative and provides enough niacin they shouldn’t get any keg issues
If you can find a waterfowl feed that would be better
Ducks need different amounts of things then chickens
If not they will be fine
Ducks also need water deep enough they can duvk their whole heads to clear the eyes and nares
Getting containers you can cut holes in the lids so they can get the head in and out but not climb in really helps keep the brooder dry
Once outside lids are not needed
After 2 weeks of age you can start giving treats but also need to provide chick grit in a separate bowl they can eat as needed to help digest those treats
I take my ducklings off starter feed by 3 weeks and have them on grower feed
Make sure to do it gradually by mixing the feed
I do 3/4 starter to 1/4 grower for 3 days then 1/2-1/2 for 3 days then 1/4 starter to 3/4 grower for 3 days
Hope this helps
Oh my gosh!!!! Thank you for this info!!!! You are God sent. Now I know what I need to do. I will go get the durvet and grit today at TSC. They didn't tell me I needed it. I also need recommendations on a wire coop to put them in please? If you read my other comment to someone I added the link I'm thinking about. I have mountain lions and lots of other wild animals that can kill them and snakes so I need something strong to keep them in 24/7. Thank you so much for this reply!!!! ❤️❤️❤️. Actually this is the link. I want to put a pond we have in it. I just don't know if it's strong enough if a mountain lion, bobcat, or other wild cats jump on it. I guess I need a person that knows about wire strength to answer my question. Thank you soooo much again!

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rugged-ranch-walk-in-pen-1180262

Back
Top Bottom