Should I help this chick hatch or it is ok?

I nevered imagined I would have a chicken so small that I would use a lid to a 20oz. Sprite bottle for a water bowl. We have now moved to a chick waterer but before he could walk we used to lid with a marble in case he suddenly fell asleep like he did in the beginning. We have come so far!
big_smile.png

Edited for name-calling and other inappropriate commentary.

Do's
* Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures!!

Here are some pictures of my latest baby chick to hatch! She was the one without her wing covering her face in the egg (the 2nd one like this in this hatch) She hatched yesterday :) I only had to help a little :)

So adorable!!
chickpretty-20110725-00303.jpg

Just had to put some tape on one foot.. as you can see in the picture her farthest toe didn't stick out far enough to the side to steady her.. I fixed that though!!
Look at those brand new, soft, wrinkly toes!! :)
love.gif

chickprettty2-20110725-00307.jpg

I have such super cute chicks from this hatch! I'll have to take pictures of more of them!
chickpretty3-20110725-00305.jpg

My lil chipmunk! :)
chickpretty4-20110725-00308.jpg

No eggs hatched today!
My 1 rocker left still hasnt internally pipped.. and my 3 "newbies" (the ones that were apparently pretty new when I picked up all of those eggs from the nest boxes that were ready to hatch and started this thread!) are looking great! 3 happy energetic embryos!!
jumpy.gif

Oh! I didnt get to collect my daily eggs today so I went out and did that at midnight when I woke up and couldnt wait to share this: After gathering up all of my eggs for the fridge, I picked up a couple of eggs out from under my hen and candled them (my hens best cooperate with me when its pitch black out haha) and guess what! There wasnt really all that much to see- but there, right in the middle of an enlarged yolk blob was a little red circle and it was beating!!! I saw its teeny tiny HEART beating!!
love.gif
I could also see all of the veins in the shell as well. Its just so amazing to see these things right from the beginning! I sure do appreciate this new flashlight!!

Also I want to lower the risk of possible bacteria infections in the nest box. Right now I have hay in there and was wondering what you guys use? Is there anything you like better than hay? And also, what do you prefer using in your brooder pens? I've just been using newspapers topped with papertowels but my lil ones are starting to have too much fun with the papertowels lol and i dont want them ingesting it. Any suggestions? Wish I could use cedar because it smells so fresh but I would imagine the oils wont be good for them.. they usually arent with just about anything i can think of except for hamsters..

I LoVe my lil ones!!!!!!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
hugs.gif
Sometimes it happens.. but darn it gal... you have had way too many of those in this hatch!

I've way to many of EVERYTHING in this hatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Just the 1 rocker left to hatch.. The 3 that were "stuck" in half of the shell because they hadnt been turned will be a bit behind this hatch but lets hope they arent so drama filled when theyre ready for their debut and PLEASE GOD NO MORE ripped yolk sacs please!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY in the shell when I dont know theyre in trouble!!! AMEN!
fl.gif

The rest I need to float test.. didnt get around to that today.. also didnt get around to washing my eggs! I bet I have like 6 or 7 dozen in the fridge waiting to be washed and cartoned!! Maybe 8 or 9 lol!

I need like 5 of me!
One to be a housekeeper, one to just be a mama, one to tackle the laundry and cook.. another to be a broody mama hen /slash emergency ceacerian surgeon /slash foot doctor /slash physician! and a 5th that can just sleep for all of us!!!!!
th.gif

Good Morning Ya'll!
frow.gif

Quote:
Which one is yours? One of them looks really similar to my newest hatch! Just posted a picture of her :)

KUDOS to YOU! And also to you 1 Rooster! :)

Back
Top Bottom