thanks for showing us! i think some of them are pretty
love.gif

but what is the saying, only a face a mother could love :aww

Here is a pic of my Banty Cochin Frizzle Hen

Momma
FrizzleHen.jpg

Biggun ( roo)
BiggunJune07.jpg

This other one is when Momma and Nancy went broody together. See how Nance was almost completely nekkid? She went into molt, and now looks as good as momma.
MommaNnancyfriz.jpg

This is one of thier babies! Her name is Angel.

AngelFrizJune07.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry was gone for the weekend. Thanks everyone for the replies. Will post pics someday
tongue.png

Justusnak was that the picture before or after the molt? I hope before... Nancy looks downright scary I hope my bird looks like that MUHA MUHAHAHA oh yea and your other birds look great. Love the Roo! Wish I could have some...
sad.png

PS Thx for the pics. I really need to get a camera working.

Carribrown I thought about sunblock, I love my animals but doing that each day..... We shall see. I won't drop them till they get burnt badly (Hopefully never, its so darn hot thou)
PS You need an exotic rooster? I hate to see pretty birds used for food.

Eggchel they are one month old today. They are black frizzles. Never heard of that gene hoping one of them has that. She/he has a bit more feathering than the other one. One is just naked with a few feathers on the wings and even less on her butt.

Gnight All Love The Bubba

anytime you breed two frizzles together you will often get chicks like you described. best results are obtained by breeding frizzled to smooth feather(silkie/cochin) then taking the smooth feathered offspring and breeding them to back to frizzle

I bought them from Mc Murray. I know about breeding them. I wish you could see the chicks online and pick them that way. Even if you only get to see lots of them like Lot 1a, Lot2a, Lot3a ...etc You could also show the parents which I think would be a big plus. Would show you some of the genetic potential of the offspring.

If I ever get a farm up and running I think I will do just that. Maybe even go extreme and take a pic of each chick and let people fight over them online at auction. Would be cool go online and see all the new chicks available. I would also start keeping bloodlines and records of breedings and mutations.

Bubba

Bubba,

There is only one problem with your theory about online and lots 1a 2a etc... I was told that they have to be shipped the day they are born or they don't survive. The reason I was told this is because I had a second order going and asked if they could wait a couple of days before sending them since my turkeys were not ready yet.
BUT, I do agree LOL... I would like to see the mom and pop myself.

Good luck
Tes

I know. You would take pics of one day olds, toss them on auction then ship them after the auction. Chicks can live for 3 days usually on their yolk sack.

You could also just show the parents and sell the eggs (future chicks). I know I would love to see what the parents like and order ones from the birds I choose. You could even offer a service, if someone is willing to spend the money you can do custom breedings.

Just ideas for the future, from the looks of it I might be getting rid of all my animals not just the birds. I hate lawyers and our pathetic legal system.... If your rich you can sit there, lie in court and win.
America Land of the Fee!

Bubba

Back
Top Bottom