should i let my chickens die naturally?

does it seem moraly right to let chicken suffer?

• Total voters
I think we should eat plants and animals! I am simply stating that life should be respected across the board, animal or plant. I eat both on a daily basis. I just don't feel worse when I eat an animal then when I eat a plant. That was the only point I was trying to make.

Also, assuming plants can't feel anything because they don't have nervous systems we recognize is ignorant. I am nit naive and like I said, I think peoiple should eat pretty much whatever they get their hands on. But don't cry for the chicken and think nothing of the broccoli stalk.

As much as it does, you don’t really want millions of apples trees everywhere. One way we can help solve this problem is to compost the scraps, then use the compost to help grow another plant. The apple tree itself is also only counting on a few of those seeds even sprouting. If you want you can try and use the apple seeds to create a plant, but the plant doesn’t need to actually have any of its seeds to sprout in order for it to live.
Yeah overall agree. I think composting is a wonderful to use that apple core. I just don't get why it is cool to eat plants and not animals. I eat both, a lot. And respect both, a lot. :)

Plants have no nerves not do they have a brain which means they have no feelings. Plants are grown to eat.
Next time you think about walking on the grass, please don't as it'll squash it and hurt it.
Well assuming that because they don't have a way to process sensations we recognize means they can't is very naive. 100 years ago people said animals couldn't feel pain. 40 years ago people said fish couldn't feel pain. We now know they can. Perhaps soon we will figure how plants do too. Also, stepping on grass doesn't kill it pal! It is made to bend. I think we should eat and respect everything. Don't assume because you can't understand how something interacts with the world that it is just a passive non-sentient food item.

Well assuming that because they don't have a way to process sensations we recognize means they can't is very naive. 100 years ago people said animals couldn't feel pain. 40 years ago people said fish couldn't feel pain. We now know they can. Perhaps soon we will figure how plants do too. Also, stepping on grass doesn't kill it pal! It is made to bend. I think we should eat and respect everything. Don't assume because you can't understand how something interacts with the world that it is just a passive non-sentient food item.
:confused: what in the world

I think what OP was originally asking was if it was morally ethical to let a bird die/euthanize a bird that was having a laying related problem like eggbinding or other things (I'm not aware of many bit I know there are a lot of reproductive problems.)
Interesting. I think OP is asking if it is ethical to breed for such egg laying capability to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom