Should i let my sick hen that was sick out with the others?

Raysal

Songster
Sep 2, 2020
Dallas TX
This was her when she was sick she had pus in her eye only one side and i jave kept her in the cage for ab 1month and 1/2. I've gave her electrolytes and cleaned the pus eavry other day and put medicated cream in her eye she looks like this now. Should i let her out with my other hens.
Screenshot_20210918-144135_BackYard Chickens.jpg

This is her now she is very active and has energy and force when i try grabing her now she is not lethargic at all should i let her out with her sisters now. I wasn't sure if it could be contiguous but she is doing great now. Unfortunately she is blind from one eye now
20210918_152256.jpg

20210918_152251.jpg

Respiratory diseases if that is what caused it, are contagious, but your other birds may have been exposed at the same rime she was. They can carry it in their bodies and it can show up during a period of stress. They are exposed through contact with other poultry or wild birds, or it can be transmitted through a hatching egg.

Did she have a bad odor from her face? Did she have any symptoms of a respiratory disease such as sneezing, nasal drainage, or gasping? Sometimes they can get a swollen eye from a foreign body infection or pecking. I would reintegrate her gradually in a wire dog crate with food and water with the other birds, and have some supervised visits. She will not be able to see on her bad side, so may be more susceptible to predators. But they can get along in familiar setting. Watch out for any bullying.

Respiratory diseases if that is what caused it, are contagious, but your other birds may have been exposed at the same rime she was. They can carry it in their bodies and it can show up during a period of stress. They are exposed through contact with other poultry or wild birds, or it can be transmitted through a hatching egg.

Did she have a bad odor from her face? Did she have any symptoms of a respiratory disease such as sneezing, nasal drainage, or gasping? Sometimes they can get a swollen eye from a foreign body infection or pecking. I would reintegrate her gradually in a wire dog crate with food and water with the other birds, and have some supervised visits. She will not be able to see on her bad side, so may be more susceptible to predators. But they can get along in familiar setting. Watch out for any bullying.
Yes her face used to stink bad not much now. Ive kept her in a cage for 1month and 1/2 letting her recuperate and she did. So you think its good to let her out now with the others?

Back
Top Bottom