Should I or shouldn't I?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Alaska animal lover, May 15, 2008.

1. Alaska animal lover

Alaska animal lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Palmer, Alaska
    I have 6 Buff Orphingtons and 2 Barred Rocks that were born April 28th.
    Triple D Hatchery has some Aracuanas that were born May 6th. I want them. Do you think they would be too small for my other ones?
    They also have some that were born April 8th do you think those would be too big?
    Should I just be happy with what I have? [​IMG]

2. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    I have 3 different age chicks in my brooder right now they are 4 weeks old, 3 weeks old and 2 weeks old. I have had them together since each group was 1 day old. I have had no problems so whatever you do I wish you the best of luck. Keep on chickening. LOL:jumpy:yiipchick:weee:ya

3. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    I think they will be just fine. I introduced 2 orphan chicks into my girls that were 1 1/2 weeks younger and they did just fine , did not even notice really. Besides you can never get enough. I just ordered 5 more chicks 2 hours ago. I think I a will burst before they get here, that is a month away. You can always make a seperate area where they can see each other for a day or two until they get used to eaach other. I put the new chicks in a pen for 2 hours then took my others and slowly one buy one put them in the new pen with the new girls and they did not have any problems.[​IMG]:
    Good Luck and just go for it I say.

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  4. chick4chicks

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Hi me again, just read my post and thought i should clarify my 4 week olds i have 5 of them, my 4 week olds i have 6 of them and my 2 week olds i have 4 of them. My 4 weekers are Red Sex Links, My 3 weekers are Ameraucanas and my 2 weekers are Golden Comets. The baby Cochins are separate tho. Good luck again.[​IMG][​IMG]:weee:ya

5. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I mixed 6 (about a week old the store lady told me) chicks with my 5 day old chicks and it was so funny to watch them.. they kinda seperated out the two groups for the first day then the biggest of the younger group.. (all 10 are different) first mixed with the little larger guys then by the second night they were all sleeping as one big pile of fluff.. they are so cute...

6. Mystary

Mystary Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    Jackson, GA
    Hey chick4chicks,

When putting the day olds with the others what temp did you have your brooder?

Tina

7. chick4chicks

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    around 90

8. Chicken Cluck

Chicken Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    just see what happens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by