Should I Put My Pecked Polish Back with the Flock?

I guess that's possible. Today's the happiest I've seen her, though it's really the first time she's spent any real time outside in her short life. One because they stayed in the brooder (which turned into my porch becoming a brooder) way too long because my mom died a few weeks after I got them, and two because we've had nonstop rain and storms for a couple of weeks when I finally got them out to the coop, and they pretty much refused to go out. And then she refused to go out because she was so nervous and would stay inside when everyone else went out. She didn't act nervous at all today though. She was in and out, eating and drinking, roosting in the doorway like some of them like to do, sunbathing, and going for snacks.

I'm glad to know yours acted like that too though. I guess I'll start making plans for a Polish-only coop. After the elaborate duck pen we just built, I swore there would be no more construction projects for a while. 😝 I just hope my buff Polish doesn't hate me for separating her too because she has absolutely no issues with the bigger chickens. She even goes after my roosters if they get on her nerves. 🤣 But I do eventually plan to let the rest of them free range, and I'd hate for the Polishes to get picked up by a hawk they don't see coming.
Sorry about your mom.:hugs

Sounds like a good plan!😊

Back
Top Bottom