Should I put the roost by the window?

MydearWatson

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 20, 2010
CT
Hi! We're building a 4 x 8 coop for our 5 chicks. It will have one small window. Is it a good idea to put the roost next to the window so the breeze can blow on them in the summer? I am in CT and it gets quite humid here.

I have a window right in front of the roost bar and my girls love to sit and look out the window, just as said above, in the morning and evening before bed. And come summer they will enjoy the evening breeze coming in on those hot nights.

Go for it!!
smile.png

Just think ahead to winter or cooler weather too... you might want to be able to crack the window in a way that isn't blowing directly on them. And make sure it is sealed tight when it is closed to avoid unwanted drafts.

My coop is actually a large stall in a barn and there are windows in this stall. I put the perches underneath the window and my girls now expect me to look through the window everynight to tell them to be good until morning! LOL But yes, they love the window and I think they like the idea of being able to see what is out there too.

Back
Top Bottom