Should I suspect any of my sexed pullets of roosterism yet? (3weeks)

they all look like pullets
wee.gif

How can you tell the difference if they are a roo?? I have 2 rir and 1 is supposed to be a rooster but don't know which one. Your chicks are so cute!!!

i agree with pullets. Congrats!

14chickmama: if you start your own thread in this section and post pics we will be able to tell you which is which.
smile.png

This one would be the one to watch due to the wide comb on it. That usually is the first sign of "roosterism" (love that term, LOL) in pea combed breeds. Other than that, so far the others look like girls. And this one may be a pullet, too, but the comb is different.

sharpie1.jpg

I agree that they all look like pullets to me. I just had a golden sex-link turn roo on me, and at 3 weeks, his wattle started to thicken and turn pink. So sad, he is so friendly
sad.png

Quote:
Yeah, that is partially why I have my suspicions-- his/her comb has a tiny bump I don't notice on the others, and she/he seems a lot larger than the others. If it is a rooster (if it is guilty of "roosterism" haha) I'll be really sad... such a sweet little bird. LOVES being held, doesn't like being put down. Loves being stroked.

Back
Top Bottom