Should i wash my 1 week old peekin ducks?

miss i actualy dont really know What breed they are i searched on google and i will atach here a photo of them when i bought them (yesterday)
What has been rec is good they will need more room very quickly they grow super fast.

Can you let them bathe in the tub to clean themselves off?

Also Pekins need extra niacin also so if you can get some in the form of Nutritional yeast you just sprinkle it over their feed. 1 Tablespoon over each cup of feed you give them. we see niacin deficiency in Pekins more than any other breed because they grow so fast.

When they go outside they are going to need a secure house and run to protect them from predators.

Attachments

• 474BCC0D-B606-4630-A3DC-A127CED68C80.jpeg
    474BCC0D-B606-4630-A3DC-A127CED68C80.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 3
Probably Pekin but actually any breed needs to start out with a niacin supplement Just Pekins seems to end up with more problems. They sure are cute.
Thank you very much🤗 and i will sure do put niacin on them as i Said earlear (my english is bad since im romanian) im new in the duck world

As long as it isn't flush free or time released it's fine. If you go with pills you'll need to crush them and add them to their feed. Don't put it into water it dilutes it too much.

It may be they are itchy because of their down seems to make them that way. When they start growing in their adult feathers they will be itchy too. Where did you get your ducklings?

It may be they are itchy because of their down seems to make them that way. When they start growing in their adult feathers they will be itchy too. Where did you get your ducklings?
Idk how to Tell u i got them from a traditional outside Market from romania this is the actual Market where i got them in the photo in the basesment of the Market it was a bice lady with them

Attachments

• IMG_5486.jpeg
    IMG_5486.jpeg
    483.7 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom