Should I worry? Chicken vomit?

dbounds10

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
I was out of town for the weekend and got
Home today. Went out to sit with my girls one of them went over to eat and before she did, she spit up what looked like water. No one is acting strange and nothing alarming on the poop boards. It is just starting to get hot so maybe she drank to much water? Is this normal or should I be alarmed? I have noticed that they all eat several times a day but they never seem to have full crops. They are all in all flock 20%

Sometimes a hen may drink a lot of water and it can spill out when they bend over.

Check to make sure the crop is emptying overnight. If it's not, then address that symptom.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
Checked her this morning and it was completely empty. Yay me! But @Wyorp Rock none if my chickens (12 weeks old and on all flock) really ever have a completely full crop.
When they come out in the morning they all eat
A few bites and get to scratching around. They graze the food throughout the day and go to bed about half full. They haven’t had stuffed crops since they came out of the brooder at 4-5 weeks. No issues with that right?

Back
Top Bottom