Should i worry?

Going Quackers

Crowing
12 Years
May 24, 2011
On, Canada
One of my hens got out this morning
roll.png
Her name is lilly, she and two others have been here for a bit(few months) but they still aren't entirely sure of us yet but they were older (6mths) when they came so it all takes time, right? anyways.. in the barn all the ducks are housed together... so they all know each other however i usually only let my main 5 loose to free range opting to put the newer hens in a pen ...

So to cut to the chase.. lilly came out this morning(ok flew) and is now loose... should i worry? i mean the eventual goal is for them all to free range together but i admit i just haven't quite figured out how to go about it.. i guess Lilly was tired of waiting
lol.png

Catching her isn't going to be easy until i have help(which i do not atm)

So am i worrying needless lee?

ETA; the pen her and the other hens go in is open so she can go in there.. (ie; familiar place)

Last edited:
If the others are out then i see no need to worry. Just keep a close eye on her and make sure she doesnt wander lol. And she can go back into the pen when ever she wants if you left it open.

Quote:
Yeah i "spoke" to her (how to sound crazy) as i was leaving from doing the horses that she needs to stay with the others lol I'm going to be keeping an eye.. i have plenty of windows out the back where they all mostly hang out... she clearly wants out with them, often the others would come up to the pen and talk with the hens and she was the most vocal of the three...

Last edited:
I recently got two new three month old muscovys. I was going to temporarily keep them in a separate enclosure from the three muscovys I already had. Well that lasted one day or less because when i got home from work the new boy had escaped the enclosure and was on the fence between my house and the neighbors house. Thankfully the neighbor had just pulled up and she was able to spook him back into my yard
tongue.png
I promptly trimmed his wings and after that they just all run around together.

You can lure her back with treats or food if she doesn't come back on her own, but I think she will come back with her buddies.

Back
Top Bottom