Should I.......

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
5,028
7
271
Georgia
Today is Day 9 and I went ahead and candled my eggs again, I am sure all the ORP/RIR are clear. I really think all the Aracauanas are too. Out of the 11 Cochin it appears I have 4, I clearly see movement in 2 and 2 look dark, so is it safe to go ahead and toss the ones I think are bad at this stage?
Also, I have another Bator on order, I also have a dozen Buff Orp eggs that should be here Tue or Wed, the other Bator won't be here till Friday, is it ok to put the new eggs in with these and then move the Cochin ones to the new bator for hatching and leave the Orp ones in the first bator till hatch time. My temps and humidity are staying pretty steady, I put water in every 2 days and am staying at 45-47 on humidity and right at 100 on temp.
Just thinking this will be easier to set the new one up for hatching.
 

Tuffoldhen

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
7,502
76
301
WV
Should be...I've never done that... Remember you will need to set the new bator up and run it for acouple days or so tho to make sure your temps and humidity are holding.....

If you are sure you have clears I would toss them....anything I'm not quite sure of I put a ? mark on them and wait til day 14, then if I don't see anymore growth I toss...
 

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
5,028
7
271
Georgia
I would think moving the cochin eggs to the new bator to hatch, wouldn't be any worse than taking them out removing the turner and putting them back in. The new bator is the same GQF that I have, I can only hope it works as well. Time wise I should be fine.
I went to Home Depot to try and find a better flashlight to candle the green ones with and couldn't make myself spend $25.00 , but I might go back and get that one. I would like to be sure if I have babies in those or not.
 

New posts New threads Active threads

Top Bottom