Should it make any difference when I feed my chickens?

I feed first thng in the morning, just turn on the lights go out and put food and water out into the pen. Also there is a tin can heater of water and a hanging feeder in the coop. We bring in the water dish that goes into the pen clean it out and set it up for the next morning, we also do this with the out side pen food. Clean it out and get it filled for morning. Before work weir these in the pen, let the girls out ( open the pop door) and head out. Afternoon we know the water dish is frozen and dirty so we take it in, clean it and add fresh water. At this time they get treats, usually steamed rice, a good veggie and fruit ( if we have the fruit) collect the eggs and by 5:00 there off to bed and we start again.

I have 29 hens and one rooster. Have a hanging feeder which i keep full. I was getting 2 dozen a day till we had a real cold spell( in my climate that means hard frost every night...never snow as I'm on the coast) and production dropped to about 14 eggs per day. I go thru about 50 pounds of layer pellets and 50 pounds scratch every 10 days or so. I fill the feeder every few days. Get a hanging feeder.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom