1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Show cages

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by emzee, Jan 10, 2010.

1. emzee

emzee Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    I am going to a chicken show in a few weeks and I don't have enough cages to carry my silkies in. Does anyone know where I can buy some inexpensive cages? Or how I can make some?

2. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    use a box if you have too you could go to like a flea market or to TSC i actually got one of my carriers at a show b/c i bought to many and didnt have enough cages

3. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    check out dog cages and dog kennels on crais list There are always a bunch of them and I dont see why you cant use them. Although I dont know show rules

4. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Some use plastic dog carriers or just cardboard boxes......(note) some shows dont like for you to bring chickens in cardboard boxes so check the rules first...

5. iluvmychicks

iluvmychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2007
    Indiana
    Plastic totes work great, just make sure you have some air holes for circulation. It's inexpensive and an easy way to transport birds to shows. I've also seen people use tomato boxes, they already have the holes in them.

Shari

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by